I love base recipes because it is an easy way to change up the recipe depending on what you have on hand or what you want. These peanut butter, honey, and oat bites are so easy!
Base: 1 C. Oats, 1/2 C. Peanut Butter, 1/3 C. Honey
THEN ADD 1/4 C. of a Mix In
I chose coconut for these, and they were delicious. There are lots of options such as chocolate chips, raisins, other dried fruit etc. Be creative!
I put the ingredients in a bowl. Then I mixed it with my hands ( the easiest way in my opinion). I used a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture and rolled them into balls. I placed them separated out on parchment paper in a 9×13 pan. It made about 15. Then I put them in the fridge for at least an hour. I like to freeze them as well. Then, I just get them out as needed. I usually like to let them thaw a while before eating them though. They are easy to put in lunches and make great snacks!
This is a great snack for peanut butter lovers!
1 hr, 10 Prep Time
- 1 C. Oats
- 1/2 C. Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/3 C. Honey
- 1/4 C. Unsweetened or Sweetened Coconut (or you could thrown in a different mix in like chocolate chips, raisins, etc.)
- Measure ingredients into a bowl & mix.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out mixture, roll into a ball and place on a pan.
- Let set in the fridge for at least an hour & then enjoy.
- I like to put them in the freezer and take some out to pack as a snack or in lunches in the fridge as I need them. Keep in mind they are better once they have thawed out a little bit.