I love avocados, and I love this guacamole recipe. It is so simple, too! It is almost like the Chipotle recipe, but I vary a few things. More lime juice and no cilantro. Just give it a try. I hope you like it, too!
This guacamole is very similar to Chipotle's. We like this version better though! It has more lime juice which adds flavor, and it also helps to keep your guacamole green. It doesn't have any Cilantro either. Just give it a try!
- 2 Ripe Hass Avacados
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice (one lime should provide enough... or a squeeze bottle works too)
- 1/4 t. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 C. Purple Onion chopped
- 1/2 Fresh Large Jalapeño-without seeds and chopped (I have used a pinch of Cayenne before as well!)
- Cut each avocado into fourths and remove pit (I think it is easier to remove the pit this way). Remove skin.
- Mash avacados. You can use a fork, or I have found a potato masher works well!
- Add lime juice and salt and stir.
- Chop and add onion and jalapeño and stir.
- For best flavor let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour or get it in the fridge as soon as possible. When I make something that I want to serve with guacamole. I try to make the guacamole first and let it sit in the fridge while I make everything else!
- Remove from the fridge, give it a stir, and enjoy!
You may want to add more salt or lime juice depending on your tastes!
The fresh ingredients are the best, but if you don't have them then just adapt. I am a firm believer in use what you have.
If you are making it for a crowd, I suggest at least doubling the recipe!